The luxurious hotel was built in 1925 by Gino Clerici and decorated by the illustrious architect Marcello Piacetini in the 1920s according to the Roman architecture of the Renaissance. At that time it was recognized as the "Palace of the Ambassadors" because it was built to accommodate diplomats of the nearby Embassies. The design of the building is reminiscent of the Bohemian street cafes and it is a suggestive example of that Roman modernism with a touch of French Art Deco.
The exclusive restaurant of the hotel, the Cadorin Salon created in 1926 by the Venetian artist Guido Cadorin, is another artistic relic decorated with extraordinary frescoes. The five large frescoed panels, which are an artistic heritage protected by Fine Arts, depict Roman high society in the nineteen-twenties.
In October 2010 the Grand Hotel Palace has reopened to the public after major renovation work giving it a wholly new light where the present and the artistic past merge in a perfectly-balanced stylistic continuum.